Monday, February 26, 2018

Turkey Breasts in an Orange Pan Sauce


I think I've mentioned before how much I'm loving "The Essential WW Freestyle Cookbook" from the WW centers (it's much cheaper in centers than at the link above, but you can get it on Amazon). There's a few recipes in there using turkey breast cutlets and I can honestly say I've never used turkey cutlets before. I had bought a pack with intentions of making a recipe in the cookbook and at the last minute just wasn't in the mood for it. A quick app search and I stumbled upon this recipe. I had everything on hand and just went with it. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised! I don't know what I was expecting (I mean, I like turkey!) but this was very good. The sauce was tasty but tricky to work with. Mine got super thick so I had to thin it with additional broth (the recipe below reflects the amount I used). This whole dinner took 15 minutes to make so it's perfect for a busy weeknight....and it's delicious!


Source: Adapted from the Weight Watchers app

2 Weight Watchers Freestyle points for 1 /4 of the recipe

Ingredients:
1 pound of turkey breast cutlets
Salt
Peper
Garlic powder
1/2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of half an orange
2 tsp orange zest
1/2 cup reduced sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp cornstarch (I'd think you can even use less)
3 Tbsp chopped green onions

Directions:
1- Season the turkey breasts well with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the turkey and cook until browned on both sides and cooked through (about 2 minutes per side for thin cutlets). Remove from the heat.
3- In a bowl combine the juice, zest, broth, and cornstarch. Wisk well. Pour the sauce into the skillet and stir often. Stir in the green onions and add the turkey back into the sauce, flipping so it coats both sides.
4- Serve hot

3 comments:

  1. You actually make it appear really easy with your presentation but I find this topic
    to be really something which I believe I would
    never understand. It sort of feels too complicated and very large for
    me. I am taking a look forward for your next publish,
    I'll try to get the dangle of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good article. I'm going through a few of these issues as well..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know how I ended up here, but
    I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but certainly you're going
    to a famous blogger if you aren't already ;) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete